Financial incentives, technologies, and company objectives change over time. This is exactly what spurred the transformation of the Crave Bros facility. After years of the digester facility putting out sub-par bedding, the Crave Brothers decided it was time to prioritize creating a high quality bedding product that would improve cow comfort and health, ultimately putting more milk in the bulk tank. While the initial reaction was to simply research and install a bedding dryer, CFP worked with CBF to help them realize that installing this system amongst an aging and degraded digester infrastructure would likely result in failure.
An evaluation of the entire digester facility with a plan to make sure the infrastructure would be able to adequately support the new dryer system was a must. CFP proceeded to work closely with the project manager and CBF to provide the following:
- Design, construction, and commissioning assistance to the project.
- Digester cleanout and maintenance.
- Site layout for future processing buildings and equipment.
- Installation of below grade process piping.
- Foundation preparation.
- Dryer and material handling equipment install.
- Design and install of above grade process piping and separation equipment.
- Automation design assistance.
- Facility commissioning.
The CBF digester facility upgrade project was an excellent example of how putting together a team with the right skills and experience can result in an operation that meets or exceeds objectives not just out of the gate, but years into the future.